Friday, February 19, 2010

Finger Skateboarding

Not too long ago, my mom thought she was being cute and sent me the anti-tech deck in the mail. I happened to be reading the back, and became intrigued by the 'tail grind'. Click the image below:
tail grind

Aside from the gnarly act of sink blazing, I'm assuming a tail grind would be the act of stopping. Or perhaps theyre ahead of the curve and it's some new smith flip out type of fad. I just dont see why you would need to 'stop' a tech deck, since according to them youre supposed to hold it pinched between your fingers. Why not just lift your hand. They also reference another interesting trick, the stand-off, as seen right next to the confusingly illustrated hands in the wallride photo:

Photobucket

Whatever that is. Notice the stubby mini-fingers on the wallride. And since I'm still waiting for a decent idea to hit me for a legit update, contemplate this odd little saying from what I'm guessing is an overly-horny psychology author that I noticed in one my textbooks:

Photobucket

somebody's sense of humor sucks worse than mine.

check back early next week for some anti-gravity leftovers, and hopefully some kind of street throwaway segment.

No comments: